What does it validate?
- Missing semicolons at the end of a line.
- Curly braces without an if, for, while, etc.
- Code that is never run because of a return, throw, continue, or break.
- Case statements in a switch that do not have a break statement.
- Leading and trailing decimal points on a number.
- A leading zero that turns a number into octal (base 8).
- Comments within comments.
- Ambiguity whether two adjacent lines are part of the same statement.
- Statements that don’t do anything.
- Regular expressions that are not preceded by a left parenthesis, assignment, colon, or comma.
- Statements that are separated by commas instead of semicolons.
- Use of increment (++) and decrement (–) except for simple statements such as “i++;” or “–i;”.
- Use of the void type.
- Successive plus (e.g. x+++y) or minus (e.g. x—y) signs.
- Use of labeled for and while loops.
- if, for, while, etc. without curly braces. (This check is disabled by default.)
ESLint : http://eslint.org/
How to set up EsLint into IntelliJ IDEA or WebStorm ?
Go to: `IntelliJ IDEA` >> `Preferences` >> `Plugins` >> `Browser Repositories` and you need just add the plugin.