NOTE: The latest versions of VirtualBox are not working with MacOSx.
After following those steps then you should have a Minikube installation running locally with a UI via the HyperKit Hypervisor. You probably have it already, however, before continuing check if it is installed locally by running the following command. If not, please just install it as a prerequisite.
- Install the
$ brew install kubectl
NOTE: See the official doc.
- Install Minikube by running:
brew cask install minikube
- Then, start the Minikube with:
minikube -v 100 start --vm-driver hyperkit
- Now, let’s install the UI by running:
kubectl apply -f https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kubernetes/dashboard/v2.0.0-beta4/aio/deploy/recommended.yaml
NOTE: For more info, see here the official doc with this step.
- Run in the shell the following command to start the UI
- Before continue, you will need a user to have access to it. Just follows the steps described here to apply the ServiceAccount and ClusterRoleBinding and obtain the Token via another shell. See that you should get a token which will be required to log in UI in the next step
- Now you can access the UI via the following URL and the token obtained.